- Choose happiness. – I chose to look at the goodness around me. I acknowledge negative when needed, but live in the happy times and finding the good in each challenge.
- Create goals and more towards accomplishing them. – I
Cheerleader of HOPE, Barby Ingle goes “From Wheels to Heals” Sharing Her Story of Overcoming Chronic Pain Challenges
Phoenix, AZ – Chronic pain affects one in three Americans. Putting it in perspective, chronic pain affects more than diabetes, cancer and heart disease combined. Chronic pain is something that former cheerleader and gymnast Barby Ingle knows all too well. From the age of four, Barby had trained in dance, gymnastics, and cheering. … Read the rest
Those who do not physically can still undergo mental pain. But why? For me, believing that we come from the Body of Christ and that final glory will be in all, the daily chronic pain and emotional pain I go through becomes more bearable for me. I know not everyone feels the way that I do or believes and I am OK with that, but having … Read the rest
CLINICAL TRAILS; The Benefits and Risks
By Barby Ingle
I have been living with chronic diseases for the past 20 years. During this time, I have participated in several clinical trials. Some were big, some small, some were online only, some were produced by medical professionals. I know that there are some risks and benefits to the trials and know that they are not right for everyone. If you are considering participating in a clinical … Read the rest
THE IMPORTANCE OF HEALTH COMMUNITIES; Medical Research Groups, Patient Advocacy Groups, & Patient Support Groups
By Barby Ingle, Columnist
In 1995, I became the head coach for the Washington State University’s Spirit Program and a successful business owner. I was very athletic and health conscious. In 2002, I was in a minor car accident, which developed from a whiplash and brachia plexus injury into Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I lost my job, marriage and sense … Read the rest
We are so ready for this years Reality Rally! Ken and Barby are back again.
We will be once again, joining the fight against cancer and helping to provide support those fighting that battle breast cancer. We want to help ease the journey of many who have heard those dreaded words “you have cancer.” I recently underwent some DNA testing that showed that I am susceptible to developing breast cancer. It has never hit home … Read the rest
My Step Therapy Story by Barby Ingle
For years, I was living my dream. I trained and performed cheerleading, dance, and gymnastics starting at age four through college. Right from college I started my own cheer and dance training company. A year later, I was hired by Washington State University as the head spirit program coach. My life was on track.
What most people didn’t know at the time was that I was battling … Read the rest
10 ACTIONS TO MAKE LIFE MORE POSITIVE AND UPLIFTING FOR YOURSELF – by Barby Ingle
- Choose happiness.
- Create goals and more towards accomplishing them.
- Get involved in projects that you can be interested in and successfully complete.
- Keep yourself surrounded with happy people.
- Look at the bright side of challenges.
- Motivate yourself.
- Practice meditation and controlling your thoughts.
- Smile big and often.
- Visualize success.
- When anxiety and stresses are high, turn it over to God.
When you live with chronic illness and pain dental health becomes even more important. Here are a few of the tips I have learned over the past 20 years.
- Ask for “close your mouth breaks” if needed.
- Brushing after vomiting can break down the enamel.
- Have your teeth cleaned at least twice a year.
- It is important for your dentist to know about CHRONIC PAIN.
- Oral care starts at home.
- Poor brushing can come from