Dental Tips When You Live With A Chronic Pain Disease
When you live with chronic illness and pain dental health becomes even more important. Here are a few of the tips I have learned over the past 20 years.
- Ask for “close your mouth breaks” if needed.
- Brushing after vomiting can break down the enamel.
- Have your teeth cleaned at least twice a year.
- It is important for your dentist to know about CHRONIC PAIN.
- Oral care starts at home.
- Poor brushing can come from a loss of range of motion or just not feeling good enough to brush or brushing causing increased pain.
- Use an electric toothbrush to achieve proper brushing. Brush lightly and at the gum edge (where the teeth and gums meet)
- Your dentist needs to know that you are an CHRONIC PAIN patient, all medications you are taking, any allergies, and that your vulnerability to infections.