~ Barby Ingle ~
Author, Foundation Director, Pain Educator, Pain Patient
- Diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy after a minor auto accident in September 2002
- Authored RSD In Me! A Patient And Caregivers Guide To Dealing With RSD And Other Chronic Pain Conditions, Published February 2009. Best Seller in Mind, Health, Body, (Diabetes, Neuropathy, Pain Management Categories).
- Authored ReMission Possible, Yours If You Choose To Accept It!, Published March 2011, Best Seller in Mind, Health, Body, (Diabetes, Neuropathy, Pain Management Categories).
- Her unique story has been featured on Dr. Drew’s Lifechangers (2012), Good Morning Arizona, 3 on Your Side, the 9pm News “Big Story” (2009), “Extra Story” (2010) on AZTV, Ch.3, Sunday Sunrise (2007, 2009, 2010) airing on 3 CBS stations in Phoenix AZ, and ABC’s Smart Family (2011)
- National Patient Mentor since 2006, Pain Educator since 2007
- Director of The Power of Pain Foundation, (2009-2012)
- Testified- at the Department of Defense for the Veterans Administration Disability Rating Committee (10/25/10), and at the Arizona State Senate on Specialty Tier Legislation (2/13/2012)
Barby Ingle is a Chronic Pain Educator for the Power of Pain Foundation, as well as a motivational speaker and patient advocate. She has been a pain patient since 2002 and began mentoring other patients through The RSDHope Organization in 2006.
Prior to her auto accident causing chronic pain and subsequent surgeries, Barby was a business owner, event coordinator and head coach at Washington State University for the entire spirit program. She graduated from George Mason University in 1994 with a degree in Social Psychology.
As a volunteer patient advocate, Barby uses her skills from Cheerleading to inspire and motivate patients to be self-advocates and offers tips and tools for patients, caretakers, and healthcare professionals. Barby is a bestselling author of two books; RSD in Me! A Patient And Caregivers Guide To Dealing With RSD And Other Chronic Pain Conditions (2009), ReMission Possible; Yours If You Choose To Accept It, (2011), and The Pain Code Journal and Workbook (2011). Her next book is due to be released in September 2012. She has been featured on Radio, Newspapers, Magazines, Print Ads, Internet Ads, and Television. In 2012, Barby appeared on National show “Dr. Drew’s Lifechangers”.
Honors include “2012 You Are Our Hero” Award from the Neuropathy Action Foundation; Nominated in 7 categories for the 2012 Wego Health Activist Awards: Best In Show: Facebook, Best In Show: Twitter, Best In Show: YouTube, Paperboy, Ms Congeniality, Health Hero and Offline Crusader; Nominated in three categories for the 2011 Wego Health Activist Awards: Best In Show, Paperboy, & Offline Crusader; 2004 Cheer LTD. Coach of the year nominee; 2003 who’s who of U.S. Cheerleading coach’s honoree. Barby has also served as a National speaker 1996-present, Author of the Cheertec Coaches’ Handbook, 1995-2003; and six part DVD Series on aspects of cheerleading 2001. She is also a contributor to Cheerleader! An American Icon, 2004 and CO-Arthur of The Wisdom of Ingle, 2007.